Upcoming: Mole XXVII Conference in Ghana
From 21-24 November 2016 the Mole XXVII Conference in Ghana takes at Aqua Safari, Big Ada in Ghana. The Mole Conference is one of the biggest multi-stakeholder annual platforms in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector in Ghana. The conference is organised by the Coalition of NGOs in Water and Sanitation (CONIWAS) and brings together sector practitioners from NGOs, Government, private operators, networks, Congressional Budget Offices (CBOs), and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to dialogue, learn and share knowledge on specific themes that affect the WASH sector.
This year’s theme is ‘re-positioning CSOs towards achieving WASH Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): the role of sector partners’. The following sub themes will be addressed:
- SDG 6 (WASH) financing
- WASH in schools and health facilities
- Accelerating total household sanitation: approaches and experiences, and gender inclusion
- Learning, Knowledge Management (KM) and advocacy on SDGs
- Deeper understanding among all stakeholders on SDGs and implication for action;
- Clear partnership arrangement for an integrated approach to SDG implementation;
- Concrete policy, practical recommendations and commitments towards full implementation of the SDGs in Ghana.
The overall objective of the conference is to draw on the opportunity presented by the SDGs to define the role of CSOs in the evolving implementation arrangements. Specifically, the conference seeks to:
- Deepen understanding of the SDGs in the local context;
- Consolidate the role of CSOs towards achieving SDGs;
- Define the partnership arrangements with sector partners for full implementation of the SDGs;
- Building consensus on the critical policy steps and practical actions for effective SDGs.
Check out the website for more information.